LGANT, in collaboration with the NT Electoral Commission (NTEC) and the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD), is holding information sessions around the NT for those interested in running for the 2017 Local Government Elections.
All councils are encouraged to promote these sessions in order to gain as much interest as possible.
Most recently, interested community members attended a session at Wagait Council which took place prior to their April council meeting. This gave the community an opportunity to attend the council meeting and see what is involved in the role of an elected member.
Litchfield Council also offered an information session recently at their council chambers in Bees Creek.
Some regional councils have chosen to present their own sessions within their local authority areas.
The following dates and times have been confirmed:
- 11 May, Litchfield Council, 5.30pm – 7.30 pm
- 16 May, City of Palmerston, 4.00pm – 6.00pm
- 22 May, Victoria Daly Regional Council, 2.00pm-3.00pm
- 23 May, Katherine Town Council, Time 4.30pm-6.00pm
- 29 May, East Arnhem Regional Council, 10.00am – 2.00pm
- 31 May, Tiwi Islands Regional Council, 10.00am – 12.00pm
- 20 June, Coomalie Community Government Council, 4.00pm – 6.00pm
- 24 June, Alice Springs Town Council, 10.00am – 12.00pm
- 26 June, Barkly Regional Council, 5.00pm – 7.00pm
- 12 July, City of Darwin, 6.00pm – 8.00pm
For further information on these sessions please contact Angela Pattison on 8944 9674 as soon as possible.